VCTLA IS PROUD TO PRESENT
TRIAL STRATEGY: COUNTERINTUITIVE THINKING THAT (USUALLY) PAYS OFF
featuring LARS C. JOHNSON
1 Total Unit of MCLE (general) is Available
VCTLA Member/Judicial Officer Cost (Includes MCLE!): $70
Non-Member Cost: $80
Non-Member MCLE add-on: $15.00
Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Reception: 6:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:30 p.m.
300 Esplanade Drive, 22nd Floor, Oxnard
|***Tickets purchased by, October 17, 2017 will be discounted by $10.***|
LARS C. JOHNSON is a Partner at Grassini, Wrinkle & Johnson. He attended Georgetown University and later obtained his JD at Loyola Law School, Los Angeles. he is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and a three-time finalist for “Trial Lawyer of the Year” (Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles). He is also a former military lawyer (Lieutenant Commander), Navy Judge Advocate General’s Corps (1999-2004).
Mr. Johnson is a father of four (Anna – 15, Andrew and Martin – 12, Jenna – 9), and a coach of multiple youth sports including soccer, basketball and volleyball. He was raised in San Fernando Valley (Northridge), and currently resides in Agoura Hills.
- $4 million for film photographer who suffered leg fracture on location in Africa against product company (2009)
- $ 12.5 million negligence verdict against husband who infected wife with HIV (2009)
- $4 million verdict including $3 million in punitive damages against Southern California Edison for permitting stray voltage into the ground of a private residence adjacent to a substation (2013); punitive damages and negligence claims were thrown out on appeal leaving only a nuisance claim; retried the nuisance claim and obtained $1.2 million verdict (2015)
- $22 million products liability verdict against Polaris regarding a defective personal watercraft (Nov 2013; co-counsel)
- $27 million wrongful death verdict arising out of a jobsite accident (2016)